Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pride.

Published by cck at 2:44 PM

Yes, it's one of the seven deadly sins.  I get that.  But every once in a while - I just love seeing it. I was reading The Pioneer Woman today on my google reader (srsly, what did I do before google reader?  I know not).  She was writing about a rodeo competition her husband and family participated in -- did I ever tell you about the only rodeo I went to?  A clod of mud landed in my mom's coffee cup and it was hysterical.

Anyway, pride in one's family - it's lovely to see once in a while.  And while no one in my family is riding in a rodeo anytime soon, I am incredibly proud of K.  (No, I don't know about Bar results yet).

He worked on a local political campaign.  The candidate - in my words - was inexperienced, moody and pretentious.  He was also the best option to unseat a very popular incumbent.  Despite raising more money and having served for several terms, the incumbent only won by 1.4%.  Pathetic.  Lots more pathetic than K.'s candidate.

It was K.'s first campaign as paid staff - a fact I like to harp on whenever possible.    And he rocked it.  He worked hard and took it like a gentleman when the final results rolled in.  I hate the words, "mathematically impossible."

I'm proud of my husband.  There it is. 

0 comments: