Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

can we do it?

Published by cck at 7:01 AM

We're halfway through January, and here I am - planning for the next month.  A few weekends ago, I woke up late and missed Click & Clack and instead had to endure the money segment on NPR on my way to Saturday Morning Starbucks (it's a tradition in our house).

They were talking about a no-spending month.  It perked my interest - although what would my barrista think if I didn't come visit her every Saturday?  Could we do it?  Could I go an entire month without spending any money - no morning diet cokes, no decent pizza, no pedis or dog toys or shopping (or, oh holy moly, no new books for my kindle)? 

Could we?

Well, I may be scamming the system by choosing the shortest month of the year, but yes, I think we can.  I'm resisting the urge to buy! buy! buy! in the next two weeks, although I might shore up the freezer a bit.

Here's to not buying anything for 28 days.  Anyone want to offer up the over/under on whether we can actually do it?

0 comments: