Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, July 04, 2010

Sunday Travel v5, among other things...

Published by cck at 11:51 AM

It's the Fourth of July - go eat some ribs, drink some cold beer and light a few (legal) firecrackers.  Do it for me.  Do it for your country.

If I were traveling this weekend - which is a big if because I consider the Fourth of July one of the several holidays a year that call to the amateurs, New Years Eve being another example.  Well, since this is all imaginary anyway, let's go camping.  Yes, I said it - camping.  A tent, a cooler, some charcoal -- y'all, pack the bug spray.

We're heading up to Unicoi State Park, near Helen, GA. [Sidenote: if you've never been to Helen, you should go.  Deliciously cheesy, even the trash cans look like little German boys and girls.  It's Heidi Takes Gatlinburg.]

Unicoi State Park is a gorgeous state park - and whatever you want to do, they have it available.  I'll be planning some cowboy food and my Marlboro Ranch skillet will finally make an appearance.  There will definitely be s'mores.

And tubing.  We'll go tubing down the Chattahoochee River.  Which ohmygoodness is a lot of fun.  And I'm going to drag K. to the Cabbage Patch Hospital, only to see him beg to stay in the car.  So, no joke - we used to go there as kids.  It looks a lot different, but the whole Mother Cabbage in labor thing?  My brother and I used to LOVE it.

Camping, swimming, tubing - maybe even a little fishing?  Who knows?  It will be a lovely weekend, in the cool northern mountains of Georgia.  And K. can't handle the tent?  We'll def. stay in one of these: barrel cabins.

0 comments: