Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Not-quite-white Christmas

Published by cck at 8:06 PM

For the last three years I have spent the holidays with my in-laws. Christmas not three minutes from the Gulf of Mexico is different. I know I write about it each year -- the warm weather takes some getting used to. The first year, I packed clothes for Christmas Eve Candlelight Service -- a wool skirt and tights. Normal, right?

Not when it's 72 degrees.

This year I will be in staying in Tallahassee for Christmas. And y'all -- while the snow is not 24 inches deep - it's cold here. Cold like I have to wear socks - which I never do. There's an extra blanket on my bed and the heat is definitely on.

And it feels like Christmas. Like Christmases from before 2006. All I need is a sleigh bell wreath and it is on.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/20/weekinreview/20brown.html?_r=1


You have got to check this out. Don Fowler has a great quote.