Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, February 06, 2011

when the packers play the steelers

Published by cck at 8:03 PM

I'm not a huge pro football fan.  I enjoy college sports - more because I'm cheering for the University of South Carolina than anything else.  I remember Sunday afternoons with my mom watching football - usually the Giants, and for a short time, the 49's.  I cheer for the Giants because that's the team I inherited - like my eye color or my affinity for musicals.

There's a great story about my grandmother at a Giant's game.  I like to think she was keeping warm with a little nip, and when the spectator in front of her was talking trash about her Giants, she pulled his hat down over his ears.  I have a feeling there was cursing involved, but I can't prove it.

Do I care about the game?  No, not really.  But I honor the tradition of the Super Bowl with some wings and dip and a Coors Light.  I'm more interested in the commercials. 

I'm also online window shopping -- I'm pretty sure there should be a new name for that.  Online window shopping just doesn't cut it.

0 comments: