Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rocky Marriage High

Published by cck at 5:05 PM

I'm not sure what I thought the first few months of marriage would be - most movies stop after the wedding. Or at least there's some silly montage after the wedding that ultimately (and quickly) ends in a nursery. TV sitcoms didn't leave me much to emulate... Who would we be?

There's a lot to marriage. I didn't quite realize how it would feel different. I feel so much more responsible. It's BIZARRE. I've never felt so responsible. And it's AWESOME.

So, we moved recently. First, let me tell you -- I am not a good mover. I don't enjoy it, don't look forward to it. My husband is not that good of a mover either... Case in point - he has boxes at (at least) three previous abodes. Dude.

So, when hauling some old furniture to the curb, I was informed that I moved furniture wrong... I quickly called a moving company. Talk about a rite of passage - oh my goodness. Meanwhile, half way through the three hour move (as the very strong men were moving our countless boxes and heavy-as-hell furniture up very steep stairs) my husband looked at me and said (wait for it), "Thank you. You were right: this was a good choice." HALLELUJAH!

Our house is darling. It's in the part of town I love, close to both our offices, and delightfully quirky. I'm having to be creative about my storage (dear Lord! did we get a lot of stuff for our wedding!), but I adore it. Plus, it's all ours.



0 comments: