Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Walking around the bookstore

Published by cck at 5:43 PM

Last week I spent some time (and a large portion of my discretionary budget) at the local Border's. I purchased several fantastic books - Laurie Notaro might just be my new favorite writer. As I walked around, picking up a few books and putting some back, I noticed how many novels are about so-&-so's wife. The Astronaut's Wife. The Time Traveler's Wife. The Preacher's Wife. Once I realized this was a trend, I started looking for similar titles like The Doctor's Husband or The Cop's Partner. There aren't any. While "The Time Traveler's Wife" IS one of my favorite novels, I think I'd appreciate a few more equal-opportunity titles.

0 comments: