Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Doors you never even knew existed...

Published by cck at 9:06 PM

I was raised watching Auntie Mame with Rosaline Russell. I've written about it once before, and tonight I was flipping through the channels and there it was. Perfect - just what I want to watch tonight.

It's precipitous that I grew up understanding the power of aunts. I look to mine for wisdom and humor; for understanding that can only come from women who knew me before I was born. The last few weeks in our household have been a little twisty.

Some important health concerns have sort of sidelined a few hopes and dreams. After a pity party (I will never forget the importance of a small red velvet cake) and some investigation, seems like we're back on track. I always knew I developed early, I just had no idea that meant I'd age prematurely too.

Anyway, I'm glad to know about Auntie Mame - you should too.

0 comments: