Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

On being considered one of the guys...

Published by cck at 8:08 AM

I went out last night with some usual (and rather unusual) suspects. When you're the only female in a group of guys - as is becoming increasingly the case in my life - the dynamics of polite, reasonable conversation change. Whether it's discussing angels and puppies (I kid you not) or a favorite body part or a particular comment (No, I will not repeat the favorite refrain of the evening), being considered just one of the guys is an interesting aspect of gender education.

It was a good night, but I stayed out far too late on for a school night.

This morning, I got stuck behind a train - but I still got my DC from Sonic. Taking a hint from JCristG, I've decided that a morning fountain DC makes life a little sweeter. Plus, I still haven't figured out where the coffee pot is.

0 comments: