Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, April 02, 2006

WaPo on the Prez.

Published by cck at 10:51 AM

I'm sitting at Cool Beans, drinking my second cup of coffee, perusing my favorite newspapers. Usually on Sunday I try to read them in paper, versus virtually. Today, however, I'm blaming the time change for messing with my schedule.

So. I'm reading the Washington Post and I see this as the headline - The President as Average Joe : Trying to boost support, Bush lets down guard and plays up anti-intellectual, regular-guy image.

Does Bush really need to play up an anti-intellectual image? I mean, seriously. C'mon. I don't think the people of this fine nation are scratching their heads, thinking, "I would really like that President, but he's too darn intelligent." Strategery, people, strategery.

The Let-Bush-Be-Bush strategy might be refreshing, but bright it isn't. It is, as the Post suggests, a last ditch attempt to salvage a failing presidency. Bush can traverse this nation - he can hold town hall meeting upon town hall meeting - he can make jokes with the press corps and imitate French accents --- but he cannot return the thousands of lives that he has sacrificed. He cannot turn back time and his bad decisions. He cannnot repair this economy. He cannot return a nation's trust.

0 comments: