Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Burn Baby Burn!

Published by cck at 7:36 PM

Disco Inferno!

Okay, so I have a mental illness. Who doesn't these days? I mean, seriously? I think more about finding the perfect buffet for my dining room than I do about the fact that four years ago I was diagnosed with something.

While others choose to make mental illness their life struggle, I don't. It just doesn't seem like something I need to worry about every moment. Do I ever have a day that seems harder than the one before? Sure! However, I think I'm safe to assume that most everyone on the planet has the same experience.

Why do folks who advocate for mental health make it the end-all-be-all? It's important - and it deserves advocates, but I don't think the men and women that advocate for seat-belt laws make it their reason for living.

Or maybe that's the beauty of advocates.

0 comments: