Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, May 08, 2008

I voted. And, I don't want it counted.

Published by cck at 12:46 PM

As every pundit will tell you - the Clinton campaign does not have the delegate count for success. It's at this point that the problem states of Florida and Michigan raise their heads. And, yes - I know that a million bloggers are - at this very moment - discussing the pros and cons of counting my vote. I just don't think it's right.

I'm not mad at Chairman Dean or at Superdelegate X -- I'm upset with Karen Thurman and the Executive Committee of the Florida Democratic Party. They broke the rules. They are the reason why my votes (and countless others) will not be counted. Florida pushed ahead of the line - and more than that, the FLDP knew the consequences. It was clear -- a teenager rebelling against a parent.

Rules make our party work. And while all of us have had to dust off our calculators and algebraic know-how with our percentage-takes-all primary system, it's what we have. Rules don't just form our Party; rules form communities and our nation. I realize, as liberals, we like to bend and often break rules -- but when we start disobeying the rules we agreed to -- we stop the process.

Senator Clinton - I have had the utmost respect for you for years. In Middle School, I wrote an essay about your life and your service to our nation. I thought you were an inspiring First Lady and your time in the Senate has been tremendous. But please, please for the good of the nation, for the good of Democrats and for the sole purpose of preventing John McCain from ascending to the presidency -- please end your campaign.


0 comments: