Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Friday, May 30, 2008

SATC: Tonight!

Published by cck at 6:34 AM

I'm going tonight and I cannot wait. I started watching the gals in high school with my best friend Josephina. Each Sunday we'd gather at my house and watch episodes like Funky Spunk. It was - to be honest - a little above our understanding. But, we'd absorb and then discuss.
I remember once, while at the beach on vacation, our rental house didn't have HBO so the entire family - Grami included - crashed a local Holiday Inn to watch the episode we were waiting for. I cannot remember which episode, but I remember laughing. A lot.
That's the thing about a long lasting tv show - whether it's Seinfeld or Sex & The City - part of the affinity is the life that occurred outside of the TV show. Katie Cali and I used to talk about it all the time. I judged if a friend was worthy if she knew what was written on the post-it note or if she remembered early episodes with Carrie's bad hair.
I'm wearing HEELS tonight for the big Tallahassee premier. I bought them years ago at Main & Taylor during one of their seasonal sales. I plan to drink a cosmopolitan and giggle, laugh and chortle. Not necessarily in that order.
I'll let you know what I think. I cannot wait!

0 comments: