Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Diet? Or the economy?

Published by cck at 5:56 PM

I've been shopping for some new clothes recently... I can only wear Seminole T-shirts so many days in a row.

I've discovered - happily - that I'm a size smaller. I'm talking a jeans size smaller. This is big news for me as I've been unsuccessfully battling my hormones for control of my body for more than a year. All of a sudden buying clothes seemed a lot more fun. I could place a cardigan in my shopping cart at Target without covering it up with something else (the XXL-size shame equivalent to buying condoms at Publix).

As I went on the Tallahassee Shopping Spree (Target, Old Navy & Macy's OH MY!), I had a thought... What if I haven't really gone down a size? What if it's all a scheme to make me buy more clothes in this tough economy? After all, once I'm empowered with the notion that I'm shrinking, I must outfit my new body. I'm on to you, mega-shopping centers. And I like it.

*Looking forward to the next economic downturn and a size 12.

0 comments: