Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Monday, May 03, 2010

Canadians.

Published by cck at 11:44 PM

I think I could pass for a Canadian.  Other than the fact that I would mispronounce "about" and don't use "eh" in normal conversation.  I bet I look like the vast majority of Canadians.

And that's why this whole immigration legislation in Arizona is bonkers.  I understand that federal actions have left very few options for the citizens of that state.  And I can empathize with families that want to feel safe and secure in their homes.

Nonetheless, the last time we condoned a government asking for papers based on appearance, the world erupted in war.  I realize it might be easy to point to a Hispanic man and wonder if he's "legal."  But what about a blue-eyed blonde?  She could be a Canadian illegal immigrant.  (It's not a joke, it happens.)  Something needs to happen - some solutions need to be reached.



But Arizona, let me tell you: this is not it.
Also, I have nothing against Canadians.  Robin Sparkles, I love you.

0 comments: