Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

C25K

Published by cck at 10:02 PM

A hundred years ago (B.C.), I had a friend named Morgan. She was clever, smart and I coveted her hair color. She wanted to be a runner. And, um, so did I. She researched and I went along with it and we'd run in West Columbia along the river.

It was great. We used the Couch to 5K program (available online). Towards the end, it was a little difficult to keep up with Morgan. She was a much better runner than I was. I was saved by the oh-so-popular Whistle Song more times than one.

Even though I ran slow, sounded like a herd of elephants and panted more than a Pamela Anderson sex tape -- I loved the fact that I was running. I was one of those cool people who ran after work (we tried the whole before work thing and it didn't quite work).

I miss it. And so, I'm going to move my beastly form and try to run again. That's right people -- if you hear a herd of elephants around midtown, don't worry: it's just me.

0 comments: