Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

Dresses for Weddings

Published by cck at 8:46 PM

I've got two weddings coming up in September.  And there's one thing I like more than browsing Crate & Barrel wedding registries...  buying a new dress for the occasion.

I will not be purchasing five new dresses in the next few weeks though (1 luncheon, 2 rehearsal dinners, 2 wedding receptions).  I already have the luncheon dress, which I once wore to cross a political divide.  But the other two?

Luckily, both events are at the same time, with about the same formality level.  So, I've sort of narrowed them down:



I don't wear orange. It's a hard and fast rule -- but I like it for a rehearsal dinner. It seems casual, but still a little dressy. The Melissa Masse sort-of-zebra-print is a favorite. The back of it is very cool (see here), but is it a little too much?  The Katy Perry look-alike strapless number is super cute, but might be super cute on me minus 50 lbs.  The navy strapless dress could be stunning and is good for evening weddings.  Also - all of them, the ones from Nordstrom and Saks to the one from Macys, are all under $150. 


And why do I worry about this in such detail?  Because it's Sunday night after a completely relaxing weekend and I'm not willing to mentally prepare for Monday.  And why not go on a little online window shopping?  Don't get me started on shoes.

0 comments: