Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Holy Facebook!

Published by cck at 8:02 PM

A few weeks ago, I deactivated my Facebook account.
Take a moment. I know it's SHOCKING... especially for someone like me, who is rarely without a portable device and has seriously looked into the internet addiction clinics.

I deactivated my Facebook account and FB assured me I could come back whenever I wanted too. I haven't tested their good will yet, but rest assured I will let you know.

Anyway, even though I dropped off the face of the earth, ahem, no one noticed. (Well, until today - but for the purpose of this post, let's just keep moving.) Dropping away was easier than I expected. It has also freed A LOT of time in my day. A few times I almost caved and logged back in. But I caught myself.

So why leave Facebook? I have a tendency to be petty - I know it; I'm working on it. Facebook gives such a beautiful platform for being petty. I really don't even need to work that hard at it. I turned off my shallow bullhorn until things get a little calmer around here.

I finally reached a point with too many status updates. Who knew?

0 comments: