Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Just A Little Disappointed...

Published by cck at 8:40 PM

About the Census. I know, it's a silly thing to be "disappointed" about, right? Right? I know. Dude, I know. Here's the deal - I got our Census packet yesterday. I was really excited. It's my first Census as an adult - with my own household.

When K. and I were researching to see how closely our respective families were related before the wedding (v. important when there are enough freaky cross-overs in our families), I used Ancestry.com to track down relatives. My main sources were Census records. The records were great - more than just names, the Census tracked other information like occupation and heritage and birth place.

The form I got? It's race and name and whether I rent or own. THAT'S IT. Admittedly, my progeny will be able to find my facebook profile and twitter page to make a family tree, but c'mon Census. Where's the tradition? Where's the history?

0 comments: