Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, January 27, 2008

Simple Pleasures

Published by cck at 10:48 AM

A ripe clementine.
Watching the victory speech of a political candidate that has transcended horse race politics.
A chick-fil-a diet coke (with caffeine).
A warm, soft blanket.
Drumline on a Sunday morning. (shut up, I'm waiting for Meet the Press).
Seeing familiar faces standing behind the next POTUS on a South Carolina stage.

This weekend has been something else. Watching history take place in South Carolina has been amazing. Amazing. Knowing how race shades every issue in the south - which I dare to say that you cannot realize until you have lived there, really lived there.

I am encouraged - enticed - seduced. I am ready for this man to take over; to bring our nation back on track. To refocus our energy and efforts on rebuilding the inside of this phenomenal country.

Damn. Great weekend.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am starting to be swoony about him, and I am not a swooner.