Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, January 02, 2008

Stretch A Penny

Published by cck at 8:43 PM

My husband told me he never knew I could stretch pennies so far. To be perfectly honest, neither did I.

In the past, money and I didn't quite get along. I loved spending it - loved thinking about it - loved making endless spreadsheets. The problem was I had no clue what to do with it. Overspending wasn't an occasional woe, it was a constant disaster.

So, one of my goals in the next two years is to eliminate the bulk of our debt. Considering our student loan totals, I know we won't get rid of all of it in two years (or ten). However, by 2010 - I plan to have zero unsecured debt. More than that, instead of dreaming of our first house, I plan to be earnestly looking for our first home.

It's exciting - incredibly scary - planning for two years from now. I cannot believe it. We started walking this week. Me with George and my new iPod Nano, Lucy (yes, I named my iPod). Chris listening to Barbri on his iPod and occasionally making a snorting noise. Walking - just walking. We did one mile and then one and a half -- we're slowly getting back into shape (hoping to get back into shape). We're eating lots of tomatoes and wheat and fiber.

I want to start a family. And it's going to take me two years to get ready. And it's going to be fun and weird and we're bound to love it and hate it and question our decision.
Don't say I never did anything for you kid.

0 comments: