Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Other thoughts on Disney

Published by cck at 8:37 AM

We were riding Splash Mountain and I was becoming completely irrational. It's so HIGH! We're going to DIE! It was my first Disney "big thrill" ride and I had no idea what to expect. I thought all the little kids on the ride should jump out, cling to Br'er Rabbit and hope for the best.

Meanwhile, a father and his young son sat behind us. The dad used every turn as a subtle lesson. Did you see that? What does that mean? Do you remember when...? I was so impressed. Here, in the middle of the Happiest Place on Earth, was this Dad engaging in active learning with his ten year old.

I can only hope to have that much patience someday.

0 comments: