Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Monday, October 13, 2008

Lessons from Evan Almighty

Published by cck at 1:42 PM

I'm not proud of it, but last night while watching Evan Almighty and waiting for True Blood & Mad Men, I got something.

If someone prays for patience, you think God gives them patience? Or does he give them the opportunity to be patient? If he prayed for courage, does God give him courage, or does he give him opportunities to be courageous? If someone prayed for the family to be closer, do you think God zaps them with warm fuzzy feelings, or does he give them opportunities to love each other?
Ha! I laughed so loud Chris was startled. Not that I haven't heard that a million times, but last night I heard it in a whole new way. I cannot believe some of the things I've been faced with in the last three years. And yet, each and every challenge: every joy and each disgrace brought me closer to God and closer to the point where I now stand. I am so incredibly blessed.

So, do you think if I pray to lose weight, God will help me with the motivation to get to the gym?

0 comments: