Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, October 16, 2008

A little late...

Published by cck at 9:58 AM

I'm traveling up north next weekend (Stamford & Wappingers Falls) and I cannot wait! I've never been to Connecticut or NY during that time of the year and I'm ready see to miles and miles intensely colored leaves.

We've been doing a lot of family history searches lately and we might even spend part of Saturday going to Ellis Island. I am so excited! It's finally getting a little cooler here and the humidity is starting to drop. Hello Autumn! So, without further ado, my yearly tradition - October gave a party...

October's Party
by: George Cooper

October gave a party,
The leaves by hundreds came.
The chestnut oaks, and maples
and leaves of every name.
The sunshine spread a carpet,
Miss Weather led the dancing
Professor Wind the band.

The chestnuts came in yellow
The oaks in crimson dressed
The lovely Misses Maple
In scarlet looked their best;
All balanced to their partners
And gaily fluttered by;
The sight was like a rainbow
New fallen from the sky.

Then, in a rustic hollow,
at hide and seek they played
The party closed at sundown
and everybody stayed.
Professor Wind played louder
They flew along the ground
then the party ended
in jolly "hands around."

0 comments: