Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Make me a pie.

Published by cck at 4:31 PM

There's something about pie and the men in my family. PIE! Pie. PIE! They get on a roll: apple! cherry! strawberry! blueberry! peach! Dear lord, it's as if the only way these men eat fruit is when encased in a crust.

For once, I'm not making something chocolate for a family celebration. Nope, we're talking three serious pies. Pumpkin (using Smitten's recipe), Cherry and Dutch Apple. I didn't quite realize it, but the Dutch Apple pie has been passed down from my great-great-grandmother.

I'm excited. I'm not a huge fan of pie -- I hate apple pie for instance (the Dutch Apple notwithstanding). But something about the pumpkin sounds good. I'm really ready for Thanksgiving. I have so many things to be thankful for this year.

I'll let you know how it goes. I'm charging the camera for the making of the apple pie. I'm going to take pictures. Really.

0 comments: