Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pancakes

Published by cck at 6:44 PM

I don't usually like pancakes. Like, ever. I can remember the exact day that my normal American love of pancakes died... My dad was joking around and uttered, "A moment on the lips, a lifetime on the hips." Ugh! Could he not have said that about - I dunno - french fries? Onion rings? Hot dogs? Nope. Pancakes were ruined forever.

And quite honestly, I'm sort of okay with that. It's not as if I've missed doughy breakfast. Until this Sunday. People, I made some pancakes. And ohmygaw, they were so good I am now a believer.

I used Smitten Kitchen's recipe as a base. But, I didn't have any buttermilk. Instead of using the whole vinegar in milk thing, I added a little sour cream and some fresh ground nutmeg. And I used some leftover cake flour. We're talking light and fluffy. Then, I sliced one apple thinly. Tossed the slices with some cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar. I cooked them after making the pancakes and then served the apple stuff on top of the stack. I just now recovered. Wished I'd taken pictures. When will I learn?

0 comments: