Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Monday, November 24, 2008

Gettin' Figgy.

Published by cck at 10:40 PM

I crack myself up.

Meanwhile, I have a pound of figs in my fridge that need to be made into something. Anything. Well, something that travels well - perhaps something I can take to Thanksgiving or even freeze. The figs are gorgeous. Deeply purple.


But what does one do with them? Any ideas dear readers?

2 comments:

Katie McClendon said...

My grandmom always made fig preserves. There's this great video of her making them, continually saying to my cousin, "More sugar. A little more, keep pouring"
I think there were about 5 pounds of sugar when she was done. At her funeral, we ate all of the remaining perserves, poured over hot buiscuits. Sadly, it wasn't the tastiest of fig preserves, but a sweet memory.

Beth said...

Yes, cut them into quarters (but not all the way through, just sort of open them up) and put them in a pan and drizzle them with olive oil. Roast them in the oven for about 15 minutes at oh, 350-400 (whatever you have the oven on is probably fine). Then sprinkle them with salt and pepper and a little feta cheese and toasted pecans. Sounds like a strange combination but it's oh so GOOD. Thanks, Southern Living, for this one.

I haven't commented in a while, but I enjoy reading! :)