Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Daily Stuff

Published by cck at 8:10 PM

I'm not gonna lie - this marriage stuff is tough. I've asked my friends - the ones that got married last year -- what their first year was like. My first month was tough. It wasn't so much us, as much as it was the crap that was thrown at us.

But then again, life always throws crap at you. It's more how you handle it that matters. It's not going to stop - it never will. I'm amazed at the folks around me -- the ones that handle things well, that struggle and manage and get through the very stuff that's hard.

I'm not sure I always do. I got an email from Lynda today - and instead of ignoring it like I usually do, I responded. Nothing all too emotional - just a response. We're human. I guess the best thing about that - it didn't bother me all too much. I didn't get upset afterwards. I remember once - while I was still in college and trying desperately to disentangle myself from their craziness - she sent me an email that said, "Hello Gorgeous." I cried for HOURS. HA!!! Dude, who has time for that sort of emotional upheaval? Not me.

0 comments: