Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Old Comfort.

Published by cck at 4:21 PM

I've reverted my old comforts -- a handmade blanket, frozen oreos and sappy movies. A few years ago, when I didn't quite know how to cry for things that were worth crying about, I would watch sappy movies and cry from the first scene till the last credit.

If I couldn't cry for myself, I would cry for some ridiculous wanna-be heroine.

Today, however -- well, the last few weeks -- I can't seem to stop tearing up for the greatest heroine I've ever known. And so, I am now eating frozen oreos and drinking sweet tea straight from the jug. It's okay, the eating of the oreos and the snuggling under a blanket.

It's okay because I'm not sure how else to get through this.

You Are My Sunshine
My only sunshine.
You make me happy
When skies are grey.
You'll never know, dear,
How much I love you.
Please don't take my sunshine away

0 comments: