Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

New Hampshire 1.0

Published by cck at 6:29 AM

"I asked him how he'd expect the American people to give him loyal fellowship if he was having a hard time getting it from his own family."

Giuliani's response: "There are complexities in every family in America. The best thing I can say is kind of leave my family alone, just like I'll leave your family alone.
Apparently, a NH woman asked the above question to Republican candidate, Rudy Giuliani. There's a lot of that going around -- Obama's wife claiming that if you can't run your house, you can't run the White House -- it's starting to get personal.

Shouldn't it?

Katherine, the woman asking in NH, was honestly wondering what makes Rudy so unfit that his own children won't support him. And his response - well, it hit me in the gut. "...Just like I leave your family alone." But, as president, he wouldn't be leaving my family alone. He'll be leading policies that will not only affect my immediate family - but all generations to come. Will my son go to war? Will my daughter have a good public education? Will my grandchildren have clean air? Will my husband and I have health insurance in our old age --- He's doing a lot to affect my family, God forbid, he gets elected.

And why is it so off-limits? Why aren't we asking what these folks are doing in their personal lives and their fitness for leadership? If a man can't stay faithful to a woman he pledges his life to (or even the second woman), what does that say about his decision process?

Why can't we question? Poke? Prod?

0 comments: