Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Wednesday, September 10, 2008

On a more positive note.

Published by cck at 8:22 PM

K. asked me why I was a Democrat. And I realized the reasons I call myself a Democrat have nothing to do with Sarah Palin's inexperience or John McCain's undefinable honor. I feel like a kid who's had too much Halloween candy...

I want a better America and I believe the way to get it has to do with ending poverty. Yes, the poor will always be with us, but that doesn't mean I give up without trying. Have you seen the mission of the Matthew 25 Network? It's a group of folks who believe that there's something missing in today's rhetoric... Action.

I'm a Democrat because I believe that achievement should be experienced by many, not a select few. I think men should earn as much as women, and vice versa. I believe that my health choices should be my own. I believe that my taxes pay for essential services for me and my community.

If the media is talking about a meltdown, we need to show them the resilience and strength in every man and woman that make up the Democratic Party - that make up America. We don't cower because we made a mistake; we move forward. There's waaaaay too much on the line here people. Man up. Woman up. Democrat up.

0 comments: