Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Monday, September 22, 2008

Oxford! Oxford! Oxford!

Published by cck at 3:09 PM

I'm appreciative of my friends for offering a text of "GAME!" so that I could echo "COCKS!" before a Carolina game. It's about as close as I've come to a game in two seasons and my fervor to yell COCKS overcomes the bittersweet feeling of being far from home. And by home, I mean a proper SEC match-up.

So, since I owe the most fabulous girl in the world an egg plate, a Carolina flag and a visit... I'm driving to Oxford next weekend! I was originally going to fly, but apparently "Tom" at Expedia didn't quite catch the whole booking part. I hate him. I wish I knew his real name, it was NOT Tom.

Anyhoo -- now I get to trek up there and bring stuff - including a cooler of tailgate goodies. So, now I not only get to pick out some things to make... But, I also have got to get on the ball about what I am going to wear! The pseudo-skirt from Lands End will not cut it. This is cute girl territory and my garnet and black needs to be appropriate, lovely and cute.

Ahhhh, I love it! I went to school in Oxford for a little while and I swear - those girls knew how to pull it out. (Once, at an afternoon game - I saw a girl in sequins. They do not play around). I often joke that the shopping on the square beats out Tally shopping any day of the week. I want to go to City Grocery and eat cheese grits at Ajax and buy a book at Square Books. Of course, time might be a little tight since I'm only there for a weekend -- but I am so stoked.

0 comments: