Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, January 01, 2009

1.1.09

Published by cck at 8:37 PM

I love the start of a new year. It's like a brand new blank journal - unlimited possibilities. Also like a new pair of shoes, needing breaking in.

Christmas was lovely. K. got a Wii (which I was almost successful in keeping a secret). It was very low key, which I'm getting used to. I even fully accepted the south Florida weather and embraced shorts on Christmas Day.

It was a really interesting year. I made it past my first year of marriage. I often said that I was really glad we were married because if we weren't, we'd probably break up. Seeing as how our relationship moved so quickly, I consider our first year of marriage to be the equivalent of the seventh year of marriage. Think dog years.

But we made it, and as we turned the page on May, things just got better. Could be because I took a calmer job and had more time to spend on him and myself. Could be because my husband stopped drinking. Could be because we just needed some time to get used to the whole marriage thing. Whatever, it's totally working for us now.

What else happened? Oh yes - my first trips to NYC and Disney World. Football, football and football. Lots of hair color. It was a great year. I don't think I'd change a thing. Really. And as far as 2009? I am psyched.

I have a good feeling about this year - a feeling that has everything to do with how I rallied this morning and nothing to do with how Carolina played against Iowa. I'm hopeful and excited and thinking about all the REALLY BIG THINGS WE HAVE PLANNED. And by we and I do really mean me.

0 comments: