Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Better or Worse?

Published by cck at 8:49 AM

Governor Crist's first Executive Order was to create a more open government. And one of the ways he aims to go about making the Sunshine State more open is to change the language of government.

I'm not sure about that. I'm conflicted. There's a part of me that wants to stomp my feet - and just like he says, it's an arrogance. Some of the language and acronyms of state government are verbal garbage. Pointless. And it does keep some folks from having the ability to access what they need -- which is the very point of government.

I suppose I'm sort of like the people who wanted to keep all Catholic church services in latin. The first thing that went through my head was that we shouldn't simplify -- we should educate folks to understand the status quo. But, seriously, when have I ever been a status quo kind of girl?

0 comments: