Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Living Vicariously

Published by cck at 2:12 PM

A while back, I read on Dooce about this project - The Cringe Project. Apparently, Sarah Brown of Que Sera Sera started this project which has become a monthly event in Brooklyn:

The first inklings of Cringe came about back in 2001, when Sarah Brown found her old diaries at her parents’ house, and decided it would be a good idea to send the most painful excerpts to her friends in a weekly email. Three years later, she moved to Brooklyn and told roommate Liz Schroeter about this endeavor, prompting Liz to dig out some old teenage zines of her own. The first Cringe Reading Night was held April 6, 2005, at Freddy’s.

I'm pretty impressed and I'd like to go. Seeing, however that I am not really within driving or cab-paying distance of Freddy's Bar & Backroom I am going to have to live vicariously through friends. Luckily enough, I have recieved intel that Martinazzz is going at some point in the future. I promise to report back.

0 comments: