Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

A Big Friday...

Published by cck at 10:45 PM

It's Saturday night. And while I should be enjoying a night with the girls in Hotlanta- I'm at home. Let me explain the events of Friday and Saturday:

Friday - I woke up on time, got ready for the day and was traveling down I-26. Toodling. I was toodling - I wasn't speeding, I wasn't going slow. I was listening to a good CD. (Sunday Funday Classics). I was enjoying the gray day. AND THEN a woman STOPPED in the middle of the interstate. Dead stop. STOP. I kid you not, a woman driving some sort of little Nissan came to a complete stop in the middle of the fast lane on I-26 eastbound.

Instead of crashing into car (I had slowed down, but was not expecting her to STOP), I careened to the left (of all the ironies) to avoid the collision. I hurt my car. I was not hurt, but my car has seen better days. According to the man at the collision shop in Mauldin, where the car was towed, I hurt it "badly." I do not recommend careening into guard rails.

So, like, that was Friday. My mom came and got me, we stopped at Waffle House (where I cried - I say it was due to nerves and not their coffee), and then I went home to Gvegas. My mother convinced me to have a cocktail - to calm my nerves - and lemme tell you, it was best drink I've had in quite some time.

There was no way I was making to Atlanta to celebrate the upcoming nuptials of the Fabulous Jen. My car was totaled and, I discovered, my deductible not as low as I would have hoped. In order to make it to her wedding, I sacrificed the bacherlorette. Sigh.

I did, however, make it to Oconee this morning (more on that later) thanks to the lovely driving abilities of one gracious Mommacita. Folks, my mother is one of the most amazing people on this earth - the least of which she woke me up this morning in time to make it to Oconee - she woke me up with a cold Diet Coke. Hallelujah. There is good in this world.

2 comments:

earlcapps said...

Those guardrails have wonderful energy absorption abilities. Sorry they absorbed your car in the process, but glad you're alright.

cck said...

Thanks! Me too!!!