Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Where'd I go?

Published by cck at 8:03 PM

I was reading this article on having a credible blog - and one of the ten commandments was to post consistently. I am a sinner of the worst kind. I will beg forgiveness from the few faithfuls and ask that you give me this week to make it up to you. I have been slowly collecting articles and tidbits that might be of interest (probably not) to share.


Let's start with the last two weeks. My (former) employer discovered my blog. Ha. Ha. Ha... While I thought she would be taken with my clever turn of phrase, she was instead furious that I would dare do such a thing. She commanded me to cease posting. In the interest of a paycheck, I followed suit.
Now, the small irony of it all, is that I was already planning on giving my notice. I've happily accepted a huge career jump with a HUGE company. (Celebrate!) However, I didn't want to leave my non profit without a website or a brochure or plans for their annual event -- and I felt completely guilt-ridden for jumping ship so soon after joining the crew.


Well, I shouldn't have felt guilty for a moment. After discovering that I (shock) visited -- not posted, but visited - my blog, I was told to go packing. There's a little more to it than that -- they also read my email (!) and found a communique asking me if I had taken the new job. I had tried to keep all New Job Email to a personal account - but what can you do? I didn't realize that my email would be monitored!
When told that I was no longer needed, I smiled and actually uttered, "Check ya' later," and happily sauntered out the door.
After all, I have a new job to attend to... And, even more ironically - part of my new job will be to play on the internet. WAHOO.

2 comments:

Joshua Gross said...

congrats on the new job! It's a good feeling, isn't it!

:-)

Good to have you back in the 'sphere.

cck said...

Thanks! It is good to be back!