Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday, Tuesday.

Published by cck at 10:24 PM

I had a lovely Tuesday. Upon hearing word of the imminent totaling of my car, I began to examine my options. What's next? Having had Taurus upon Taurus upon Sable - I am looking for something new -- and most importantly, not beige. (Every car I have had has been some form of beige. My father might try to convince me that the cars were champagne or even gold - but in my opinion, they were all beige).

I'm looking for an SUV. But not a gas-guzzler... I wouldn't feel right with a war based on oil revenues, driving around in something that gets 12 miles to the gallon. Instead, I started off with the compact SUVs: the Escape, the Sportage, the Highlander, the Element. I am (I think) in love with the Saturn Vue.

It's compact, gets rather good gas mileage, isn't too much like a car or an SUV. It sits up off the ground, which I like - and the Saturn salespeople were the nicest I have dealt with yet. (I made the rounds today - six dealerships in four hours, seven test rides). So, I think it might be time to consider getting a newer car. Egads. This is huge. My dad isn't even weighing in on the decision. I told him tonight about the Vue and he said, "That's nice."

2 comments:

Laurin Manning said...

CCS, I have an Escape, and I love it. It gets twice the gas mileage that my previous Grand Cherokee got, and it feels like it has just as much pick-me-up. If you buy the hybrid model (which features Toyota's hybrid technology), you get a tax break too. (Granted, the tax break is less than the difference between the cost of the nonhybrid and the hybrid, but still...)

cck said...

Thanks Laurin -- I've been driving an Escape this week and I do heart it! Do you have a V4 or a V6?