Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, March 25, 2006

Where is Walhalla?

Published by cck at 10:58 PM

This morning, after a cold DC - and another one from Chick-Fil-A, Mom and I were on our way to Oconee County, Walhalla to be specific.

[side note: I love Chick-Fil-A. Love it. Great chicken sandwiches, but what's up with most of their fast food joints serving caffeine free diet coke??? It's an abomination. Diet Coke wasn't really meant to be caffeine free. I understand some people like it better that way, but shouldn't the Chick really give us a choice or a warning?]

I was under the impression - from WRB - that we were going to Pine Street, when really the Oconee County Democrats were meeting on West Main... But I digress, we found the Courthouse, and man - what a great group of folks. There were flags and flowers and the court room was set up like a little mini-state convention. It was great. I saw two of my absolute favorite County Chairs, Ken Campbell and Charles Hamby.

Even though Mr. Hamby got up and expressed his love for Tommy Moore, I still think he is one of the greatest Democrats we've got. There was a lot more support for the Mayor up there than I think folks realize. I was quite impressed by both the turnout and the amount of participants willing to take a Willis sticker. (Now, I realize - it's a convention, and people are sticker whores, but it took guts to wear a Willis sticker when Charles Hamby was passing out Moore stuff.)

Regardless, it was a great trip. Oconee County is absolutely beautiful. Of course, I knew that - being the home of Lake Keowee and all - thus, the home of Lil' Tubby. But it was a real pretty ride. Great company. Good Diet Coke.

0 comments: