Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Catching Heat and he's not even governor yet

Published by cck at 10:36 PM

Never one to turn down a good time, I was starting to get excited about the whole Inauguration process. Unlike Marky Mark's Barbecue Bash, the incoming Governor of Florida has a whole week of festivities planned. Feel free to peruse the details on Governor-Elect Charlie Crist's website.

However, due to heat from Floridians far and wide, Charlie has decided to forgo the ball. Hmmm. I think Charlie doth protest too much. I have never known an incoming governor to not get heat due to the expense and cost of the Inaugural Ball. I think several things:
1) Bad precedent. The minute Democrats start complaining, the new Administration folds? Bad idea Mr. Crist.
2) Dude - go Democrats! You've got the new Administration right where you want them: scared and manipulable.
3) What is Charlie hiding? I admired the fact that he was disclosing donations weekly. It was wise. However, why capitulate so early? Everyone (everyone) protests about a ball. Why not say what you are really doing? Raising money for the party. Come clean - it's all good.
4) I had already figured out what I was going to wear. Not being a Republican, I didn't feel the need to buy something new - considering these are lean times and what not. But what about the legislators wives (and, for that matter, husbands) who wanted to shake a leg and get down on January 2nd? And the folks already contracted to provide services for the party? Or the hotels that had been banking on some business? It's a darn shame.

So, that's my thought this evening. Enjoy! The Mission is dedicating the new fort tomorrow, if I can find the camera, I might even have pictures.

0 comments: