Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, December 14, 2006

Did you hear the news? It's Holiday!

Published by cck at 10:51 AM

I'm finishing Christmas cards this morning. Holiday cards, really - as none of them actually say "Merry Christmas." The Santa on the front, the Christmas Tree on the front -- none of it is clear enough! I have received at least five forwards telling me that the senders still say Merry Christmas to the Target Check Out Girl. (My usual response is a roll of the eyes and a quick delete click).

I like writing Christmas Cards (or Happy Hanukkah cards as they might be). It's fun to receive them. Sometimes, they're simply signed. Sometimes there's a short message. Maybe, if you're lucky, a picture. It's been a tradition for me to send cards since I was a little girl. Of course, now I have even more to send as I have included a new family in the list. I really liked that part.

Yesterday, the two of us went shopping for Christmas presents. Mostly ideas that I dreamed up and he perfected, which has now resulted in a massive craft project assembly line. Tonight, we're going to sit in front of our tree and attempt to take a Christmas Picture (including George in his sweater). I giggle at the thought of it. And then, my plan is to pack up my soon-to-be-husband and drive around a few neighborhoods to look at lights. I've got hot chocolate and travel cups.

It will be a big day today for us. Keep your fingers crossed. Big things are in the works. And all I can hope and pray for is a Christmas Miracle.

0 comments: