Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Friday, December 29, 2006

How the Lord has blessed us...

Published by cck at 9:49 AM

I've often struggled with my relationship with God. And, to be quite honest, I am rather glad that I have. Struggling is a good thing - I am convinced that it makes understanding and acceptance that much sweeter. I once had a counselor that told me that coping was really just another word for struggle. I have never looked that up and do not know if that is actually true, but I would like it to be.

It has been a tough year for me. Tough and immeasurably fantastic. 2006 was a whirlwind. I lost a friend - a dear friend, a best friend. She canceled my friendship with a quick flick of her wrist and a send button. I thought I might never recover. I did. I realized that she was not a friend - as loyal as she claimed to be - that would ever understand me, where I had been or where I was going. It wasn't necessarily her fault, being close minded, but it was better for both of us to part.

I left a job, took a better job and then left that one too. That was difficult. I struggled through several months, working with demanding clients while I "freelanced" (read: watched Charmed four times a day in my pajamas while designing stuff). I went on job interviews where Executive Directors and Presidents asked me where South Carolina was and why I had ever left. I was told I was overqualified time and time again when we all know that I am not. At one point, I even interviewed for an office manager -- I was going to answer phones. ! I was not qualified for that job either. And then, on a Thursday afternoon not too long ago, I found out that my whole household would be unemployed together.

Last week, before Christmas - we were blessed. I got a job that I will enjoy and thrive in -- that will enlist my skills to do something bigger than myself. And my guy will be doing what he wants to do - learning the ropes and squashing bills and making things happen in the Giant Wang. We are so blessed. It was incredible timing. For the first time in two months, I slept peacefully.

And let's not forget the biggest change in my life -- the fact that I found (and have been able to keep) the man who will be my partner through life. For Christmas - since we were both rather broke - I made him a blog. I wrote down memories and excerpts from emails and pictures from nearly every day we had been together. I wrapped up his laptop for under the tree and when he turned it on and saw what it was, he almost cried. I need him in a way I have never experienced. I don't need him to make me happy, but I want him there to be a part of it. I have never shared so completely or felt so safe or wanted to be something better as much as I do with this man. As much as JFall played a role in our meeting, God had a hand in bringing us together. There is no way this could have happened without His grace and guidance.

I realize that this whole blogging thing has sort of evolved. I promise to start talking about politics again at some point -- gosh, Session in South Carolina starts soon. But, my life has taken a major twist. Here I am, a Floridian. Here I am, an engaged woman (who will be married in a little more than four months). Here I am, feeling safe for the first time in my life.

0 comments: