Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, February 04, 2006

Big Love

Published by cck at 4:21 PM

Last night - Mom was questioning big network's choices. Apparently, "Cruci-fixin's" is a cooking show hosted by Brittany Spears on an upcoming episode of Will & Grace and it's too much for her sensibilities. I don't disagree. I think it's pretty tasteless (it airs right before Easter)- but then again, I'm not a big fan of Will & Grace in general.

Why, she asked, are networks so keen to poke fun at Christians? I personally think it's more fundamentalists that networks like to portray in a negative, if hysterical, light. And I think it's pretty general fundamentalism. Anything that is too far right or left or dramatic in any way is going to draw attention.

Hence, the newest series on HBO. Big Love. It's about a polygamist, and not just a goodtime polygamist - but more polygamy for religious reasons. The story, I think, takes place in Utah. Fights between Wife #1 and Wife #2 (and Wife #3), seven children - three houses connected on a cul-de-sac. You get the picture. How this is funny or entertaining? Well, I can see how it would be both...

Something about it is wrong. I'm just not sure I can put my finger on it.

0 comments: