Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

I can't believe it. I forgot my DC this morning!

Published by cck at 9:25 AM

Oh goodness. I woke up late - with a start - and realized that the alarm was going off. Ahem, had been going off for about an hour. Lovely. Twenty-two minutes later, I was sitting at my desk realizing that yesterday had been quite a day. (In my new shoes, no less).

I don't think I've really talked about how much I love Diet Coke. I know, I know - every sorority girl south of Bethesda has a love affair with the dark liquid, but I find it almost spiritual. If I don't consume enough fluid ounces of the stuff before I even begin to dry my hair in the morning, all is not right in the world.
I've cut back - I'll be honest - I'm down to about four cans a day (and one fountain beverage). I also drink a lot of water, but it's Diet Coke that I crave when I wake up. Not coffee, not tea, not orange juice... I crave Diet Coke.

Needless to say, today I did not get to consume enough DC to make me awake - so I've been croaking at people rather groggily all morning. I'm off to find a HUGE fountain drink.

1 comments:

Laurin Manning said...

We are cut from the same cloth. The first thing I do when I wake up is crack open a cold DC. (Occasionally I switch over to DDP when it's cheaper.) Mmm! Think I'll have one right now!