Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

"For a Majority that Matters." (Gag.)

Published by cck at 9:19 AM

MTP this morning is featuring the new House Majority Leader, John A. Boehner.

Some interesting points or things I didn't know about the new Majority Leader:
1) He's taken a lot of trips to resorts.
Shock! A legislator taking trips on the government's dime? Whoa! But, really - his excuse almost works... That's where people in power are - that's where the conferences take place - that's where the legislator needs to be. At a place like this. Yeah, I'm not so sure about that, Johnny.

2) He doesn't think he's taken anything from Abramoff.
If I was making my first appearance - my first live interview so to speak - I would make pretty darn sure that I had checked my FEC report thoroughly enough to ensure the American public that I had accepted nothing from Abramoff. Not even a postage stamp to mail a postcard from the swanky hotels I had been staying in.

3) He passed out moola on the floor of the House in 1995.
Even I think that's tacky. And, the money was from tobacco companies! Tacky, tacky, tacky. I don't care if it was a long time practice of the House. So was spitting in spittoons at one point. Not good enough.

This is the best the Republicans can come up with? Are they so wounded that they couldn't find someone a little more, shall I say it, astute at coming up with excuses?

0 comments: