Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Friday, January 13, 2006

It's This Way (and Point).

Published by cck at 7:31 AM

Last night I drove to McCormick. I had no idea 378 went so far west. And it keeps going past McCormick! Into Georgia! Imagine my surprise.
Serving as an officer of the South Carolina Democratic Party - occasions to drive to McCormick are few and far between. So, of course I jumped at the chance at addressing the McCormick County Democratic Party. My speech was titled "25 & Still a Democrat." I know, catchy, right?
I had dinner at the Chair's house - it was lovely. I was nervous before speaking, so didn't dive into the food like I normally would... Shame, it was good.
The speech went well. The audience laughed when they were supposed to, clapped when they were supposed to, and (I won't lie) I brought them to their feet once. It was good times in McCormick County.
The adventure really came on the way back from McCormick. I ran out of gas. Well, not really - but I was about to run out of gas. I didn't have my bank card (darn switching purses). I did have, however, four dollars and thirty-two cents. I was amazed at the amount of change living in my car - hiding in my car. I got my nearly two gallons of gas and was on my way. I made it home to Cola with some gas to spare.
What a night. If anyone wants to know why I'm a Democrat - this is a little bit of an excerpt:
"I'm a Democrat because I believe in Opportunity. I believe everyone should have an equal shot at living the American Dream. I believe in security and freedom (and that they can go hand in hand) and I believe in equality. I believe in upholding the rights of minorities and women; I believe in protecting the disabled and I believe in supporting our troops and veterans. I believe in universal health care and good public education.
I want more for this state and nation, not less.
That's why I'm a Democrat.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That speech excerpt actually made me a little misty. Seriously. I think that it just brings out the best of the things that Democrats believe. Thanks for that.