Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Um, no, that's not exactly what I think.

Published by cck at 9:31 AM

''You don't have to worry about him in the committee,'' Bush said at Kansas State University on Monday. He called Alito ''a very, very smart, capable man. When you talk to Sam Alito, you think, 'smart judge.'" [emphasis added]
Well, of course he's smart. He has a couple of very prestigious degrees and he's gotten fairly far in life... But, let's be honest here - he's not the man we want replacing the SWING VOTE on the SUPREME COURT, now is he?
As a woman, he scares me to death. As a potential mother he scares me even more. (Okay, maybe more honest is "potential aunt," but still). I know, in all likelihood, that he will walk the hallowed halls of Marshall and Black. It's just unnerving to see so many Republicans agreeing with a supposedly unpopular president. Where's the rebellion we see in South Carolina's General Assembly? My guess is if Marky Mark wanted a justice confirmed he'd have to invent another piglet stunt for general popularity and approval.

Sigh. I just don't think Alito is the one. But, then again - I've been notoriously bad picking "the ones," both for myself and others.

0 comments: