Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Okay, you Attorney People...

Published by cck at 7:02 PM

Not sure if you can comment, but I'd sure love to see some thoughts on this.

Should we add two seats to the South Carolina Supreme Court? Seems like a good idea - but maybe is a bad idea? I'm all for equal representation - meaning more minorities on the bench. All for it. But should adding seats be the answer? Should making up new rules be the, ahem, benchmark?

What's the precedent for it in the past? Have there always been five justices? Did there used to be three?
I'm not sure why this bothers me on some level. It's like making up new rules because we can't seem to be doing well with the ones we've got.

0 comments: