Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Monday, January 23, 2006

Undergrad, Schmundergrad

Published by cck at 4:31 PM

As I typed the last post - mentioning my former life as an undergrad at Carolina - I realized how long ago that was. Nearly three years ago, I was a senior brimming with hope and anticipation at a life in law school, at a life as an adult.
Now, nearly three years out, how is that really different? Yup, I made the decision to leave graduate school (smart, smart, smart) and yes, now I'm right on that verge of really being an adult, but c'mon - have things changed?
I'm still brimming with hope and anticipation (and that has nothing to do with TBell's conversation this afternoon). It's more on account that everyday now is how I make it. I live according to my own rules and mores - from whether I put away my clean dishes to when I pay my bills (usually on time). If I thought being in college was a self-centered time, I had no idea what it would be like in my mid-twenties when the only responsibility would be a kitten.
I like this life though. Despite a few unexpected twists, my life is different and better, all at the same time. I have dear friends, an incredible family and a highly interesting position doing something I really enjoy. Life is really very good...

0 comments: