Twitter Follow Me

follow me on twitter maybe we should try this whole tweeting thing. all the cool kids are doing it.

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Bollocks.

Published by cck at 9:43 AM

I'm not sure if I've ever really blogged about one of my blog-reading guilty little pleasures... Last night while at Andrew's - basking in the glory that is 2 for 1 Happy Hour - I shared my delight with a few new friends... Fugly is the New Pretty.

It's fabulous. Pithy and bitchy, caustic and witty -- almost always original. I've even got Kramps hooked. (Yes, I've noticed he visits when I'm not looking). We all know (gosh, I hope so) one of my favorite quotes from Steel Magnolias, when Clairee says at the Christmas Party, "Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!"

Goodness! That's so me -- and as we have discussed -- Florida is an excellent place to discuss the mistakes so many young women make. (And young men -- Son, pink seersucker is simply inappropriate in October. Perhaps the khaki colored or even the gray -- but PINK?).

So, when I saw a recent edition of Go Fug Yourself (the best bitchy fashion blog evah) I giggled so hard I woke up Kramps (well, almost woke up Kramps). Here it is: Fug Holmes-Fug. I will totally admit - the whole Scientology thing does weird me out, and yet it is really fascinating too. Visiting Clearwater a couple of weeks ago, I saw the castle and several people who worship(?) or perhaps better said, adhere to the teachings of Scientology. My fascination came, not from the preposterousness of Xenu, but more from the frumpy outfits the folks wore. You could pick them out -- they looked like SNL peeps during an airline sketch. It was bad.

0 comments: